Glenburgie was founded in 1810 by William Paul, and at this time was known as Kilnflat Distillery. It began producing spirit 20 years later, and despite a brief 7 year closure in the 19th century, Glenburgie has been making whisky every since. After the Second World War, the distillery was extended, and Lomond stills were installed in 1958. These were replaced in 1981 with the more conventional type of still, however the whisky made with the original stills was bottled under the name Glencraig. The distillery is now owned by Chivas Brothers, and the spirit is a principle ingredient in the Ballantine's blended whiskies, although single malt whiskies from Glenburgie do exist and are quite rare.

10 Items

per page