Kilkerran Heavily Peated

70cl

Kilkerran Heavily Peated
Kilkerran Heavily Peated

SKU

25171
£44.00
Out of Stock

Kilkerran Heavily Peated Description

Kilkerran heavily peated has been matured for 55% of its cask life in ex bourbon cask and the other 45% of its cask life in ex-sherry casks giving it a very fruity and sweet tang along side its core savory peated flavors. This heavily peated whisky is proof that not all peated treats come from Islay.

Hamish Says

Nose: fresh apples , mixed seeds and toasted marsh mallow fill your nose briefly before being replaced with the strong scent of a smoldering campfire. Palate: a theme of fruit continues through the palate with tastes of grilled citrus and other orchard fruits filling the front of the mouth. This quickly develops into a complex mix of caramelised brown sugar and pepermint creams. Finish: a dry taste of toasted oats, salted beef and crushed vanilla pods rush up through the finish but only last for a second as they are soon replaced with lingering notes of peat smoke.