Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak

70cl / 58.7% abv

Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak
Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak


Out of Stock

Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak Description

Pre-Order Now
Orders will be dispatched week beginning 26th February

This 8 year old Islay single malt from Bruichladdich's Octomore range is the fourth release in the Octomore Masterclass series. Distilled in 2009 from that year's harvest, peated to 170ppm, 20% of the spirit was matured for the full term in first-fill virgin oak casks, with the remaining 80% in first-fill American ex-bourbon casks before being transferred into the European virgin oak casks that had previously held Octomore 07.4. Bottled without chill-filtration or tinting at a cask strength of 58.7% abv and limited to just 12,000 bottles worldwide.

Hamish Says

Nose: gentle and warm, with honeyed oak and banana bread, before a phenolic and peppery note brings toffee, vanilla and cinnamon.

Palate: rich and honeyed, leather and toasted wood combining with delicate smoke, praline, coconut and burnt heather.

Finish: cloves and aniseed fade to the characteristic Octomore peat smoke that lingers on.