Founded in 1832 as Scotia distillery, Glen Scotia survived the decline in the industry in the early part of the 20th century that saw many of Campbeltown's famed distilleries close for good. Falling silent in 1928 and then again in 1933, Glen Scotia was acquired by Block Brothers and added the 'Glen' to its name in 1939. In 1954, the distillery was bought by Canadian spirits giant Hiram Walker and subsequently changed hands a number of times before current owners, Loch Lomond Distillery Company took over in 1996.
Ensuring the traditions of Campbeltown whisky production are kept alive, the distilling and blending team at Glen Scotia keep to the distillery's roots, using only locally grown Scottish malt barley for small batch distilling that continues to win awards around the globe.
Just 330 bottles of this single cask Campbeltown whisky have been produced, exclusively for Loch Fyne's customers.