Longrow 18 Year Old 2021

70cl / 46% abv

Longrow 18 Year Old 2021
Longrow 18 Year Old 2021 Longrow 18 Year Old 2021


Out of Stock

Longrow 18 Year Old 2021 Description

This heavily peated, twice distilled whisky is matured in two separate casks throughout its life. First created by the Campbell town distillery as an experiment to see how peaty whisky would taste when made in this area of Scotland, the demand for this expression has since grown and lead to a yearly release of around 4800 bottles. What makes this year’s release truly unique is the combination of casks that have been used to mature the whisky, spending 75% of its maturation time in a sherry butt and the other 25% of its time in a bourbon barrel. This cask selection combined with the strong full bodied flavour of the spirit create a complex peaty but faintly sweet whisky that is sure to impress.

Hamish Says

Nose: earthy peat smoke, tablet and jerky then followed by a slight hint of smoked apple wood cheddar.

Pallet: strong flavours of peat and coffee beans with touches of lemon zest, cream and liquorice.

Finish: black berries fill the front of the mouth with cracked black pepper and spice developing and eventually being over taken with the taste of camp fire smoke.